PRP (platelet-rich plasma) treatments which are also popularly known as vampire facial has hugely taken over the beauty industry. PRP is an excellent way to induce new cell growth in the skin by using your protein-rich plasma and the result is smoother younger-looking skin.
Another procedure is PRF (platelet-rich fibrin) which is as effective as PRP, but has bigger advancements. This procedure is also used similarly to PRP for treating patients with a variety of both medical and cosmetic needs.
PRP procedure starts with collecting blood from the patient’s body, which is then centrifuged at a high speed. The centrifugal force separates platelets from the blood plasma and the concentrated platelet-rich plasma is then injected into the patient’s body area that needs to be treated.
For a successful collection of concentrated platelets for PRP therapy, the best quality PRP tube must be used. Plasmolifting World offers the best Italian-made PRP tubes for the process of platelet-rich plasma.
They ship worldwide with the endeavour to offer the best prices to their customers. The company also offers various PRP equipment, tools, Plasmolifting PRP serum, and online training courses in PRP applications for physicians who are interested in various patient treatment options.
What are PRP and PRF?
Both PRP and PRF contain natural growth factors found that is found in your blood. While PRP is rich in platelets, PRF is rich in fibrin.
- Both procedures promote the growth of new skin cells, collagen, and elastin.
- Both procedures work well to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and enhance tone and texture.
- Both reduce the appearance of dark spots and other ageing symptoms.
Both PRP and PRF are used for treating dark eye circles, smile lines, nasolabial folds, lips, chin, firming hands decollete, neck rejuvenation, and promoting hair growth.
What is PRF?
PRF is considered to be the next level of PRP for cosmetic needs. The platelets get attached to fibrin and release growth factors helping to start the healing process by stimulating fresh collagen blood vessels and skin cells. Extraction of platelet-rich fibrin from the blood helps to give patients better youthful results.
Why is PRF considered more advanced?
- PRF is easier to be synthesized than PRP
- PRP often contains fewer platelets than PRF.
- It needs fewer animal-derived ingredients than in PRP.
- PRF is less prone to errors.
- PRF needs less amount of blood samples than PRP.
Difference between PRP and PRF
The main difference between PRP and PRF is how the blood is drawn before the procedure.
- PRF has better platelet concentration than PRP, which is roughly 2–5 times higher than that of the body.
- While PRP treatment includes anticoagulants that prevent the blood from clotting, no anticoagulants are added with PRF which allows fibrin creation and signals the platelets to gradually release the growth factors.
- PRP is often administered during a face or micro-needling procedure whereas PRF functions as a filler since it contains fibrin and slow-release growth factors that build skin volume.
Both PRP and PRF treatments are very safe, and effective and hardly have any chance of reactions since they use your blood for treatment. PRP is best for treating uneven skin tone while PRF is a better option for hollows, deep wrinkles, and ageing.